Thursday, August 13, 2009

Nothing Grand

No grand post today, I thought I'd update you on the goings here at the Kriner home. We are back from 10 days at Family Camp in good 'ole Buckingham. We had a wonderful time and I have NO pictures to prove it! I totally forgot my camera this year- terrible, I know. We managed to get home without harm or injury, which is a grand thing! (Maybe I do have something grand to say after all!)

I am so thankful for our friends that stayed with us when our van broke down. They could have traveled on, but chose to hang out with us for about 4 hrs while our alternator was fixed. They were a blessing to us Monday and I thank you guys from the bottom of my heart. The shop that fixed our van was great to us as well. They were so kind to us. I felt like God showed us His favor as we, literally, coasted into the shop's parking lot as our van died. God blessed us for sure. (That's another grand thing!)

During our camp stay, my sweetheart became a licensed minister in the Church of the Nazarene! This has been a long time coming people. My hubby was called to preach when he was in high school, but being a PK and all that entails, he ran from his call. I have prayed for him for years to be obedient and follow his calling...and finally this week it happened! I cannot tell you how excited I am for him, for us. Depending on where we serve, and whether it's full time or part time, will depend on when he becomes an ordained minister, but for now we are praying for God's perfect will for our lives, wherever that may be.

Our little foot turned 10 while we were at camp too! She is such a sweet girl and I found my self staring at her, wondering where the time had gone. 10 yrs ago I took her to camp when she was just 3 days old! Amazing. As I wondered where the time had gone, I thought about what call the Lord has placed on her life. I can't wait to see where the Lord leads her in the next 10 years!

As you can tell, we've been one busy bunch and the month isn't over yet! Teen Lock-in on Friday night and VBS next week....I'll let you know about how those go next week sometime.

ta-ta for now

3 comments:

RMSLIL said...

Slow down,Teresa, you are wearing me out reading about camp and then Youth Lock-in and VBS. WOW! I loved VBS but I love it even more knowing it is over for this year. YAY!

Have Fun!

Peg said...

We had a ton of fun didn't we? Gotta love it when the Lord shows how obviously he LOVES you.

Kristi said...

I remember that year that you brought her to camp at 3 days old!