Friday, March 19, 2010

When It Rains- It Pours

We have been in the Dr's office more in the last 2 weeks than we have in a year!! First, the boys came down with poison ivy all over and required a steroid to get rid of it. Second, Lauren needed to be checked before soccer season begins. We fear that she has a form of asthma that kicks in when she's exercising. She begins to cough and wheeze when she's running. We've been suspecting this since last season and just now got around to getting her checked- bad parenting, I know. (We don't do a lot of running around in the winter time!)
And third, I had another one of those weird "attacks." This one was number 3 since the beginning of January. I'm not sure what's going on, but the pain was more than I could take this time, so I went to the ER. After sitting there for 2 hours, I finally started feeling better and thought I should just go home. I was in pain a total of 6hrs before I started getting some relief. However, a certain person made me stay because, "This is NOT normal!" After blood work and urine check, they send me home with prescriptions that I'm not going to fill, and told me to get an ultrasound of my gall bladder. Of course, having gastric bypass surgery, I can't just go and do that without letting someone know in Richmond, so a day later and I've got an u/s appt on Mon and appt in Richmond on Fri with my surgeon. Phew! I have no idea what's going on, whether I have a gallstone or what, but I do know I don't want to have that pain again!
Just when I thought we might be on the track to normal, David took the girls to the dentist today and Oldest is getting her WISDOM teeth in! ARG! Really?? She's only 13yrs old! Unbelievable! Hence my title today- when it rains -it pours. I'm not sure how on earth we are going to afford all this, but my God is bigger than the earth- He made it- and I know that He knows our every need!

1 comment:

~LL~ said...

Prayers for you!