Monday, January 31, 2011

Abandoned Blog

This blog has been abandoned for a long time, but I've decided to resurrect it! I've decided that it would be a great tool to journal the newest journey we've started on- ADOPTION.

He's been in our home since Dec 13th, and what an adventure it has been!

To make a very long story short, a dear friend of ours called with a serious problem involving a newborn baby and we offered to give his son a home and family. I have been praying for another child for 7 yrs. I have been praying that the Lord would open my tied tubes or open the door for us to adopt by way of funding. I never in a million years imagined that the Lord would open this door. It amazes me how the Lord answers prayer in ways that we couldn't have even thought up! He was named by his birth father, David and myself. We all had the same name in our minds and I don't believe that it was a coincidence. We named him Benjamin Michael.

I flew to Louisiana, on Sunday the 12th, picked this precious baby boy up and flew home the following day. I cannot even fully explain all the emotions that I went through that day. He was a perfect angel on the trip and amazed all the other passengers. One of our fellow travelers was a corporate Pepsi guy on his way to his annual meeting in Atlanta. He was, just like many, interested in hearing about tiny Benjamin.

The adoption isn't final, we've just begun actually, but he is here and we are going to love him just like he is a Kriner. My hope is this- that we will give him exactly what he needs- love and lots of it!

3 comments:

RMSLIL said...

He is a Kriner in your heart. I am praying it is a smooth journey for your family. I am sure you know I LOVE adopted boys. I am so happy for you.

~LL~ said...

ok.... first off.... I'm SO glad you are back. :) I hope you stay back!

2nd off.... I'm thrilled for you. I have felt, for a long time, that adoption is in our future... but I think it is a ways away.... I will eagerly follow your story!

Jindal said...

aw... it feels so gud to see ppl...willing to adopt