Thursday, September 6, 2012

Just a moment

I wish you could see and hear the things I can right now. The cat is laying behind the computer in the warm sunlight. The grass is green and out the picture window I can see the church's red shed, a yellow butterfly dancing her way among the tall grass by the railroad tracks, and a blue/green ball that the kids play with outside. Right this very moment, things are peaceful here even though all the children are awake.
 
Praise be to God! Seriously, these moments pass me by all the time. He called me this morning, in the quiet, and I heard Him. I'm not kidding you that it is a moment in time. Even now, as I continue to type, Caleb walks in singing, "Holy, holy, holy..." While I love that he's singing, I want to hush him and say "I was having a God moment here!" I want to, but I don't. Doesn't he deserve to sing praises to God this morning? Yes, he does. You know, I want to be the kind of mom that encourages my kids to sing when they feel led. So, I be quiet.
 
It really supports the theme for today. Today, in one of the devotions that I read, it spoke about praise. Praise has always been something I know to do. It comes naturally to me. I have been known to burst in to song in the middle of very stressful moments. And you know, I think it's scriptural.
 
  Isaiah 61:3  ...the garment [expressive] of praise instead of a heavy, burdened, and failing spirit--that they may be called oaks of righteousness [lofty, strong, and magnificent, distinguished for uprightness, justice, and right standing with God], the planting of the Lord, that He may be glorified.
 
I think this verse is key to peace in the different seasons we face in life. "Singing while you are doing the dishes and folding laundry will put a spring in your step and joy in your heart. Are you one of those spiritually anorexic Christians who only sing songs of worship on Sundays? You are missing the best part of life!" -YouVersion Holy Emotions Devotion.  When I read that, I thought, oh man are people missing out if they only worship on Sunday! I hope that you will begin to worship at all times of the day. I hope that you will wear a garment of praise instead of a garment that's heavy and burdened. I do believe that it is a choice.
My moment has passed, but His sweet presence lingers on....the door bell just rang and someone needs a diaper change!  

1 comment:

~LL~ said...

So very true!

I have missed you....don't be gone too long. :-)