Thursday, November 1, 2012

Thankful November

Alrighty, I am going to try something a little different this month. Since it's November 1st, I am going to try and blog something everyday that I am thankful for. Truely, thanksgiving should happen in our lives everyday, but purposefully reflecting on giving thanks is never a bad thing.

Today, I am thankful that the Lord did not leave me where I was.

I was just thinking about the woman I am today. I would not be who I am without having gone through the things that I went through as a teenager, but I sure do wish I could go back and talk to that "love-crazed" girl and enlighten her. I'm not sure where the train of thought came from yesterday, but I know there are people in this world who knew me back then, and because they are human, I fully expect them to have opinions about the girl that I was. The girl who was "looking for love in all the wrong places." Funny, as soon as the thought entered my mind, I understood Grace in it's truest sense. Luckily, I knew, and still know, a Savior and He took all that sin and removed it -as far as the East is from the West. It does not define me.

I am thankful for the blood of Jesus Christ, that has redeemed me and kept me for His own.

No comments: