Friday, November 2, 2012

Thankful November- Day 2

Day #2

I am thankful for my husband.
 
He has loved me since he first laid eyes on me, or so that's the story he tells. He says he saw me on July 4th, 1991 at the Newport News Airport where the city held it's 4th celebration. He even knew what I was wearing and where I was standing, so I have to assume that what he says is true, even though that totally blows my mind. According to him, he saw me and told his friend that he was going to marry "that girl." He didn't meet me that night. He met me a few months later at a local college. 
 
The Lord caused our paths to collide. Just last night he asked me if I'd go back and do it again and my response was, "Yes, I'd definitely choose you all over again- no doubt at all." 
 
Honestly, it still makes my head spin to think of all the girls that were "interested" in him and he chose me. Seriously, he had more girlfriends that I can even count! But, he chose to spend his life with me.
 
Of course there are days where I am not overflowing with thankful sentiments. (Gasp!) We are NOT a perfect couple. However still, when I lay my head down on my pillow, I am thankful to the Lord for having joined us together. I have no idea what the future holds for us, but I am thankful to have his strong shoulders to cry upon and his loving arms to wrap around me whenever I need them. 

No comments: