Sunday, November 4, 2012

Thankful November

Day 3

I am thankful for the family of God that I am blessed to be a part of.

There isn't a day that goes by that I do not thank the Lord for the friends He has added to my life. The funniest friendships and long time friendships that have lasted years, all people that I would never had met if I had not joined the family of God. Even today, as we said good-bye to a wonderful man of God, I was moved to tears knowing that one day I will see Ed Ashworth again. He is with Jesus and I will be too one day. My tears were so mixed. I am so happy that Ed is not suffering anymore and I am thrilled that he is with Jesus now, but my heart hurts for his beautiful family that is missing him tons and tons.

I am thankful for my Sisters in Christ that hold me up in prayer, encourage me on a daily basis, and sometimes even say the tough things that I need to hear.

I am thankful for the many, many military friends that we have had the privilege to know and love. We've been through some rough times with these friends. We've tried to help in their time of deepest need. We've tried to be the hands and feet of Christ whenever we were called or asked to do so. I remember the 1st military family that David and I got close to- the Berkebile family. There were many nights that we spent at their apartment, just hanging (and eating of course). And then tragedy struck....I remember begging her to eat and praying that more tragedy wouldn't come. I remember all too well the day they told us they had to leave. I looked at David and said "I don't want to be friends with any more military people! They just move away!" I bet God had a full-bellied laugh, a real LOL moment when those words flowed out of my mouth! Even now, as I remember it, I chuckle. I chuckle because I did not hold to those words. I am so glad that I didn't too, because the military families that followed are among my closest and best of friends.

This family that I've been blessed to be a part of has so many aspects that enrich my life and I could not possibly even scratch the surface with all the things the people in this family have done to add to my life.

No comments: