Sunday, November 4, 2012

Thankful November

Day 4

I am thankful for the freedom to worship.
 
Anyone that knows me knows that I love to sing. I love music and all kinds of different music. I like Christian music the most, because it keeps my thought-life clean, but I am fond of older jazz, country, classical and pop music as well. I really have this uncanny ability to be able to enjoy almost anything. I think I can do that because I know where music originated- with God. He puts songs and melodies in the hearts of men.
 
I like old hymns of the church and I like the contemporary music on the radio now. A friend of mine says the contemporary songs sound like love songs and he just can't get in to them. Well, I have no trouble getting in to them and we often have friendly debates about how many hymns etc were in a given church service.
 
I wouldn't be able to express my gratitude in public if it were not for the freedom that we have in this country to do so. I do not take for granted the many lives that died trying to get to this country, all for this one freedom or those that have died to keep that freedom.
 
I raise my hands in worship because I can't keep my hands down. I raise my hands because there are brothers and sisters that cannot out of fear, so I will for them!

No comments: