Thursday, November 8, 2012

Thankful November Day 8

Day #8

I am thankful for my crockpot.

Seriously, it single handedly makes my life so much easier. I was able to make a ton of applesauce over the last week and that handy thing did all the work while I kept up with my laundry and schooling responsibilities. I love how I can fix a meal, then forget about it and go on with all the many other things that I need to do. The applesauce I made was so easy that I feel bad for not doing it before now. My kids love applesauce and I haven't been buying any just because it's expensive and they can just eat an apple. My kids are thrilled that I know how to make applesauce and they have been eating a ton of it! I went today to buy some canning jars so we can put some away for future use. I went to bed with a certain satisfaction the other night knowing that I had found a way to give my children something they love and rarely get. My boys rounded the stairs yesterday and said, "Oh my gosh, Mom. It smells heavenly in here!" I loved it. I hope I am creating warm, happy memories for them. It will make it all worth while that I stood, peeled and cored about 80 apples. (I really dislike applesauce, so it was truly a labor of love.)

2 comments:

India Tour Operators said...

Very Useful Details.India Rajasthan Tour is best culture tour in India.

Discovery Journeys India said...

Hi,
Discovery India and tour operaotrs offering package tours for India